The Department of Geography, Royal Holloway, University of London and CAFOD are looking for an outstanding candidate to apply with them to the ESRC South East Doctoral Training Centre for a CASE award to fund a part or full time 1+3 (Masters for those without one + PhD) or +3 (for those already with appropriate Masters). The doctorate will focus on the role and impact of church partners in gender initiatives and advocacy work in one of CAFOD’S 40 countries they work in worldwide. The study will tie into the growth of academic interest surrounding gender, faith and development.
RHUL doctoral supervisor, Dr Katherine Brickell
Candidates must meet the following criteria to apply:
– Only Home and EU students are eligible to apply (due to ESRC stipulations)
– EU students must have been resident in the UK for more than 3 years on 30th September 2013
– Have, or be projected to achieve, a first-class social science undergraduate degree or at least a 2:1 if the candidate is undertaking or has undertaken a relevant Masters degree.
– Have prior academic knowledge of one or more of the following areas: development geography/development studies, gender, faith and religion.
– Be able to collaboratively work on the proposal with RHUL in December 2012 and January 2013.
– Be able to take up the funding, if awarded, in September 2013
Interested candidates should provide the following to Katherine.email@example.com by Friday November 30th 2012:
– Scan of Degree Transcripts
Any general questions can also be directed to Katherine as above.